The RED STRIPE 5-9 c is an all tube, optical limiter, which utilizes the t4b optical cell for smooth limiting action. Each unit is hand built in Benton Harbor Michigan
The “Red Stripe” limiter has been in production since 1998 and is a first choice limiter for use on vocal tracks, bass guitar, and for mix buss compression/limiting.
The “Red Stripe” limiter is comprised of an input stage consisting of a 12AX7 hi-mu dual triode, followed by a 12BH7a medium-mu dual triode. The limiter side chain is amplified by a single 12AX7 and hi-gain 6AQ5. The gain reduction is accomplished by an electroluminescent panel (indi-glo panel) and a matched set of light dependent resisters or LDR’s . As the input level increases to the unit the signal is fed through the “reduction” knob on the front panel and then to the side chain where it is amplified and sent to the T4b optical units electroluminescent panel. As the panel glows brighter the LDR’s resistance lowers, shunting some of the audio signal to ground, thus attenuating the signal. One of the matched pair of LDR’s is used for audio and the other is linked to front panel VU meter to indicate gain reduction drop in dB’s.
Functions and Features of the “Red Stripe” include:
• TUBES : 2×12AX7, 12BH7A,6AQ5
• AUDIO TRANSFORMERS: Jensen JT115KE,or JT11P-1 input, JT10K61M ouput
• OPTICAL CELL: KENETEK T4B
• MAKE UP GAIN KNOB: Allows the user to bring the overall output level of the unit back up to audio standard +4 dBu line-level after limiting.
• GAIN REDUCTION KNOB: Allows for adjustment of the gain reduction circuit, (up to 40 dB of continuous reduction).
• COMPRESS/LIMIT SWITCH: Changes compression ratio from 3:1 (compress) to 20:1 (limit) for total control of amount of gain reduction.
• STEREO ADJUST KNOB: Allows user to precisely adjust the balance of two parallel “Red Stripe” limiters’ reduction amounts.
• METER SELECT SWITCH: Switches meter between output metering, and gain reduction metering.
• METER ADJUST KNOB: Used for “zeroing” gain reduction meter for accurate metering in dB of gain reduction.
• REDUCTION: 40db*gain 40db +/- 1 db
• ATTACK TIME: 10 micro seconds
• RELEASE TIME: .06 sec 50%, 0.5 to 5 seconds for a completed release
•PANEL SIZE: 3 rack spaces
• STEREO LINKABLE VIA 1/4″ CABLE
PRICE.. $2500 USD PLUS SHIPPING.
REDUCED PRICE FOR THE FIRST RUN THIS SPRING/SUMMER… 20% OFF!
$2000 USD PLUS SHIPPING!
ADD $100 FOR MATCHED PAIRS
ADD $100 FOR INTERNATIONAL POWER SUPPLY